15. Your saintly reactions after receiving dozens of bad gifts from me (and occasionally my sibs) for Christmas, birthdays and Mother’s Days. How did you manage to keep your composure when you received a Victoria’s Secret gift card from one unnamed teenaged son?
14. You’ve sent me care packages at probably every single stop in my nomadic life, filled with granola and oddball newspaper headlines that only I would appreciate.
13. You have embraced your two daughters-in-law, Jenny and Jill, wholeheartedly. Much in the way you have been embraced by Grandma Haller and Gramma Pat.
12. Remember Roundy’s? You can stretch a dollar with the best of ’em. And you passed your penny-pinching genes (and then some) on to me.
11. You wedged the caravan into the garage despite our family Christmas tree being strapped to the top! Then, I remember you cackling wildly as you watched us try to fix it.