25. When we were leaving the house for Dan and Jenny’s wedding, amid all the hustle and bustle, you gathered us as a family by the front door to pray together. Powerful stuff.
24. Being denied sugary cereals, e.g. Trix, Froot Loops and Cocoa Puffs, for many years. Is it just me or did you eventually concede this battle? For example …
23. For birthday slumber parties you’d treat us to waffles with ice cream and strawberries for breakfast.
22. You have never, and will never, dye your hair. Nothing but respect.
21. Every once in a while, you would flag down the school bus in front of the house once it circled “the loop” if I left my lunch at home. Seriously, Mom, would it have killed me to go hungry for eight hours?