10. You have always found a graceful, healthy balance in supporting your kids without smothering them.
9. When you and Dad visited me in San Diego, your left cheek and eye were swollen to the size of a baseball after a bee sting! Truly an alarming sight. Of course, you handled it with your trademark good humor.
8. You accompanied me on several shopping trips as I packed for Taylor. I wonder how many of those 7,000 items on the packing list I actually used.
7. Your homemade popsicles formed in those little plastic trays.
6. As the years go on and we’re separated by distance, our time together only gets more precious. I will always cherish your and Dad’s visit to Florida last fall, and I learned so much about where you both came from. Doubling up on John G’s on that final day didn’t hurt, either.