35. You brewed your unsweetened iced tea out on the sidewalk whenever it was sunny.
34. We all loved Fireside Inn, but I don’t think anyone could appreciate it quite like you did. For one week a year, you finally got to rest. You always packed a thick stack of books and a huge basket of snacks to hold us over from breakfast to dinner.
33. Your visit during the World Series, and the hijinks that ensued between you and Beth Hudson. (You two are completely insane together—and I mean that in the nicest way possible.) The greasy-spoon breakfast was one highlight of that trip.
32. On trips to the grocery store when we were young and cranky, you'd send us on missions to find this or that. Genius. And guess what? We never got kidnapped.
31. From age 28 to 53—a quarter century!—your life revolved around raising your four kids to love Jesus and love others.